Downhill and freeride in Saalbach Hinterglemm
The best trails, the most breathtaking views
You, your trails, your bike and your summer. Saalbach Hinterglemm is widely regarded as an absolute freeride paradise scene. Neat downhill and freeride trails with countless jumps, steep turns, Northshore elements and daredevil drops were built in addition to the natural paths. The Glemmtal mountains contribute just as much pimping the trails with water crossing, rock passages and epic views. Find the best basecamp for downhill and freeride in Saalbach Hinterglemm with awesome trips to Bikepark Leogang at Hotel Astrid.
MTB tips on the Kohlmais
The entrance to the Kohlmaisbahn is right next to the bike hotel Astrid. Enjoy two free ascents a day including bike transport with the JOKER CARD, which is free for Astrid guests. Three excellent trails for unlimited downhill and freeride fun in Saalbach await you on the Kohlmais:
- Monti-Trail Saalbach: The former Milka Line is perfect for beginners. Tackle 3.2 flowing kilometres with awesome views in half an hour. Broad turns, little waves, flat wood elements and tables for first jumps lead across 380 altitude metres from the intermediate station to the valley station.
- Panorama-Trail Saalbach: This single trail is all about entertainment, snugness and fun as well – perfect for beginners of all ages. These 1.4 km offer simple tables, waves and jumps that can also be taken slowly. Soul riders cherish the divine flow and unique surroundings.
- Wurzel-Trail Saalbach: Hardly any altitude metres, over in just over half an hour with its 3.4 km, and yet everything that downhill fans in Saalbach long for. The natural single trail just beneath the crest is brimming with roots. Some experience is necessary, and things can get quite bumpy for beginners.
More freeride routes and endure trails in Saalbach:
- Schattberg X-Press: X-Line powered by Conti // Hacklberg Trail
- Zwölferkogel: Z-Line powered by Trek
- Reiterkogel: Blue Line & Pro Line
- Hochalm Trail in Hinterglemm
- Trip to Bikepark Leogang with another 13 tours and over 70 km of trails for beginners and pros
Our special mountain bike tip
The BIG 5 Bike Challenge is a genuine highlight for freeriders. Five cable cars on five mountains in Saalbach Hinterglemm and Leogang create an unreal XXL tour. This predefined bike circuit covers 5,000 altitude metres, just under 500 of which actually have to be pedalled – everything else is comfortably covered by gondola (free of charge with the JOKER CARD). That’s top-notch freeride in Saalbach!
Those who prefer a guided version of this cool tour can book it with the bike school Glemmguides – rent the right bike quickly and comfortably with Rabbit Sports. Nothing stands in the way of gripping adventures in the Bike-Circus Saalbach Hinterglemm!
Downhill and freeride in Saalbach – excellent entertainment on two wheels for Astrid guests. Have you already requested a non-binding holiday offer?