The perfect hiking holiday in Saalbach
Lush green meadows, crystal-clear mountain streams and plenty of fresh air
400 km of hiking trails meander through the well-loved Glemmtal, making the hiking holiday in Saalbach unforgettable. Passing crystal-clear mountain lakes and streams, climbing across country to the highest summit – everyone will find their favourite personal trail in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
"The desire to wander is to enjoy the futility. To find one’s own self is the highest level of wandering”.
Exciting themed trails in the hiking region Saalbach Hinterglemm
The hiking trails in Saalbach are lovingly designed and very popular with all ages. There’s a lot to see, to experience and to marvel at – see for yourself!
- Montelino’s adventure path – especially for families and just a stone’s throw (and a cable car ride) away from Hotel Astrid
- Herbal path in Hinterglemm on the Reiterkogel – the name says it all
- Educational hiking path in the valley end of Hinterglemm
- Seven Summits – a challenging long-distance hiking tour
- Heimatrundweg Zwölferkogel – loads of information about the local region and its history
- And many more
Hiking in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Solitary forest paths, impressive ridge hikes, easy-going forest roads and rocky passes – the possibilities for hikes and tours in the Glemmtal are seemingly limitless. Which one of the hiking trails in Saalbach Hinterglemm would you like to tackle today? We’ve compiled several quite challenging suggestions for you:
- Saalachtaler Höhenweg: You like your hikes a little bit tougher? 17 km high above the Saalachtal between Saalbach and Viehhofen lead through forests and across ridges.
- Talschluss-Höhenweg: The drawn-out ascent from Lengau to the valley end packs a punch, a brief stop at the farmed alps is a must. The loop tour leads back across pleasantly sloping terrain.
- Gamshag: Lindlingalm, Teufelswasser, Schusterscharte and Hochtor are just some of the stages en route to the Gamshag. Expect about seven hours for this quite tricky tour through the heart of the Home of Lässig.
- Home of Lässig Walk: This full-day hike is a must during a hiking holiday in Saalbach. We recommend a rest at the Teufelssprung after about four hours of walking time, and that’s only the half-way mark of this captivating tour!
- Manlitzkogel: One of the most beautiful hiking options in Pinzgau captures the imagination of experienced hikers. The ascents to the Hohe Penhab and the Manlitzkogel are steep, the ridge hikes a challenge, yet this route unearths a series of gorgeous views.
There’s something for everyone in the Home of Lässig from hikes and walks to trails and XXL tours. Take a look at the interactive hiking map for even more inspiration: www.saalbach.com.
Summer cable cats and alpine huts
Several ski lifts operate in summer. One of them, the Kohlmaisbahn, is only a few metres from Hotel Astrid. The other cable cars ensuring a pleasant ascent are:
- Schattberg X-Press in Saalbach
- 12er KOGEL
- Schattberg Sprinter
- Reiterkogelbahn in Hinterglemm for the comfortable ascent
You can enjoy free use of the lifts with the JOKER CARD, which is included when you book a holiday at Hotel Astrid.
There are also 40 mountain huts in Saalbach Hinterglemm with large sun terraces, cosy parlours and culinary highlights for unforgettable mountain experiences.
If you, too, don’t want to miss out on a hiking holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm, best send us
your non-binding enquiry now!