Looking for ski accommodation in Saalbach directly at the slopes?
Come on in!
Hotel Astrid is only 350 metres from the centre of Saalbach, offering you the perfect location in both summer and winter as your hiking and ski accommodation in Saalbach directly at the slopes. The Kohlmaisbahn valley station is only a two-minute walk away. Let the active variety of Saalbach Hinterglemm amaze you!
The Kohlmais in winter
The Kohlmaisbahn cable car has been completely redesigned to be more modern and comfortable from winter 2019/20. Travel directly to the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, widely regarded as the neatest ski region in all of Austria with 270 slope kilometres, 70 lift facilities and over 60 ski huts.
Arriving at the top, there’s the perfect range of slopes for every skier!
Take a look at the interactive slope map for the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn now at www.saalbach.com and get your skis ready for an unforgettable stay at our ski accommodation in Saalbach!
The Kohlmais in summer
If you would like to book a room in Saalbach, you get the perfect location at Hotel Astrid. Reach the Kohlmaisbahn valley station, which takes you straight to the heart of the Glemmtal mountains, in just two minutes.
Bikers will find themselves directly at the starting point to over 400 km of biking trails throughout the bike Eldorado of Saalbach. The Panorama Trail and the Milka Line end directly at the 3-star Hotel Astrid in Saalbach. Hikers can choose from various routes; beautiful panorama hikes, easy-going walks and more challenging tours ensure unforgettable hikes. Don’t miss out on a brief trip of the alps and huts of the region. We will gladly accompany you on guided hikes – and the cable cars are already included in the holiday price thanks to the free JOKER CARD!
Kohlmais tips throughout the year
We cannot recommend highly enough the following active adventures for children and adults around your family-run hotel in Saalbach Hinterglemm:
- Kohlmais round tour: The family-friendly hike leads from the mountain station to the intermediate station of the Kohlmaisbahn. An easy walk into the valley.
- Monti Trail on the Kohlmais: Guests of all ages cherish this beginner-friendly freeride trail. The view of Saalbach Hinterglemm is beyond compare.
- Montelinos Erlebnisweg: This lovely trail with tons of game stations also runs from the mountain station to the valley station of the Kohlmaisbahn. Spider’s web, squirrel’s nest, giant snake, target throwing and circus arena are just some of the promising names.
- Panorama Trail: A fun single trail with easy jumps, tables, waves and laylines directly at the Kohlmaisbahn is easy to bike even with little experience.
- Game feeding: The daily feeding in winter takes place above the Panorama Alm between 10 and 11 am. You won’t get any closer to deer than here!
- Montana Royal Alpin Club: The new hotspot for skiers and hikers at the mountain station combines great food and glorious views all day in every season!
Would you like to experience an unforgettable holiday in the Alps? We look forward to seeing you in our summer and ski accommodation in Saalbach, and to receiving your non-binding enquiry!