Travelling to Saalbach
Hotel Astrid - perfect location
The Hotel Astrid in Saalbach-Hinterglemm is the ideal base camp whatever the time of year. In winter the ski pistes lead right past our hotel, while in summer there are many bike trails and hiking paths from our front door. For those who prefer to take it easy, the Kohlmaisbahn cable car is just 200 metres away and offers quick and easy access to the high mountains.
Easy to reach from all directions
No matter where you come from, travelling to the Hotel Astrid is a quick and easy experience. There are excellent public transport connections to our hotel from both Salzburg and Munich.
Arriving from the east / north-east
- Approaching from Vienna: Take exit "Wals/Lofer" on the A1 motorway > Bad Reichenhall (B21) > Lofer (B178) > Saalfelden (B311) > in Maishofen continue to Saalbach Hinterglemm (L111)
- Approaching from Graz: Take exit "Selzthal" on the A9 motorway > Eben (B320) > Bischofshofen (A10) > Zell am See (B311) > in Maishofen continue to Saalbach Hinterglemm (L111)
Arriving from the north / north-west (no motorway fees)
- Option A: Take exit "Siegsdorf" on the A8 motorway > Inzell (B306) > Schneitzlreuth (B305) > Lofer (B178) > Saalfelden (B311) > in Maishofen continue to Saalbach Hinterglemm (L111)
- Option B: Take A8 motorway as far as "Inntaldreieck" > A93 motorway as far as exit "Oberaudorf" > Kössen (B172) > St. Johann/Tirol (B176) > Saalfelden (B164) > Maishofen (B311) > Saalbach Hinterglemm (L111)
Arriving from the south
- A10 motorway to Bischofshofen > Zell am See (B311) > in Maishofen continue to Saalbach Hinterglemm (L111)
Train & bus connections: The closest railway station is in Zell am See, around 20 kilometres from the Hotel Astrid. From the station, take a bus or taxi to Saalbach.
Air connections: The closest airports are in Salzburg and Munich. They are both serviced by the Holiday Shuttle taking guests to our hotel. Visit the websites of the respective airports for details on flights and schedules.
Airports serviced by the Holiday Shuttle:
- Salzburg (SZG) - 90 kilometres from the Hotel Astrid
- Munich (MUC) - 220 kilometres from the Hotel Astrid
Further airports near the Hotel Astrid:
- Innsbruck (INN) - 160 kilometres from the Hotel Astrid
- Linz (LNZ) - 220 kilometres from the Hotel Astrid
- Klagenfurt (KLU) - 250 kilometres from the Hotel Astrid
Benefits & extras
Our hotel is just 350 metres from the centre of Saalbach – an ideal location which is both quiet and at the same time just a short walk from the village's shops and bars. Guests can enjoy the peace and nature of the Glemmtal Valley, including fabulous views of the surrounding mountains.
Hiking and mountain biking
The Hotel Astrid is the perfect base camp for summer holidays in the Austrian Alps. Hiking and mountain biking are two of the most popular activities in the region.The nearbyKohlmaisbahn cable car gives quick and easy access to the mountains. At the bottom of the cable car is the Ride Park. Don't forget to also check out the Panorama Trail and the Milka Line near our four-star hotel.
Ski in, ski out
The Hotel Astrid's slopeside location means guests can head straight out onto the pistes in the morning and ski all the way back down to the hotel at the end of the day. It is just a two-minute walk to the Kohlmaisbahn cable car giving direct access to the world-class ski resort of Saalbach-Hinterglemm.
When you hop off the cable car at the top, take a little time to enjoy the breathtaking views stretching out in front of you before clipping in and carving your way back down into the valley – all the way to our hotel!