The best tours and MTB trails in Saalbach Hinterglemm
Bike holiday in the heart of the Alps
The range of tours on offer is as diverse as the nature in the Glemmtal. For years now, bikers from all over the world have been coming to explore over 400 km of bike routes and cool MTB trails in Saalbach.
Forest paths, challenging lines, countless freeride and downhill altitude metres, exciting round tours or secluded trails of all difficulties – everyone will find their favourite route in the Bike-Circus Saalbach everyone will find their favourite route. The massive Bikepark Leogang and the neighbouring Tyrol offer even more biking options and unlimited fun. Everyone will find the perfect tour for awesome mountain bike adventures in Austria here – and you even get to use the cable cars free of charge twice a day with the JOKER CARD, which is already included in the holiday price!
Mountain bike tours in Saalbach for Astrid guests
Here’s a look at the best lines, single trails and MTB tours in Saalbach:
- BIG-5-Bike Challenge
- Hundstein Tour
- Leogangrunde via the Lochalm by gondola
- Bergstadl Trail
- Hochalm Trail
- Hacklberg Trail
- Pro Line
- Talschluss (valley end) round tour
- And many more!
Our favourite MTB tours and MTB trails in Saalbach Hinterglemm
But where are the best places to bike? From trail to line, freeride to downhill, there are amazing feelings of elations waiting in the Home of Lässig. Our guides have collected their favourite MTB tours and MTB trails in Saalbach Hinterglemm for you:
- Bergstadl Trail on the Schattberg: Many narrow, rooty parts make this 12-km-long tour a favourite among bike pros in Saalbach Hinterglemm. The high level of technical challenge with flowy parts, tricky switchbacks and aggressive rock passages demand everything from more experienced riders.
- Wurzel Trail: The name “Root Trail” says it all as the elements of this very natural path have an exceedingly intense effect on biker and bike. Root fans absolutely must tackle these 3.4 km – medium difficulty, powerful for the riding technique.
- Reiterkogel-Runde: The pump track on the valley station might offer tons of fun, but there’s actually a genuine endurance highlight waiting on and around the panoramic mountain. Starting in Hinterglemm you take the Glemmtal Cycle Path to the Rosswaldhütte before ascending to the Reiterkogel between Salzburg and Tyrol. The pretty steep descent to the Wetterkreuz calls for you to make a choice for the remainder of one of the most attractive MTB tours in Saalbach: more punishment on the forest paths or onto the easy-going Wetterkreuz Trail?
- Hochalm Trail: Reach the start from the Reiterkogelbahn mountain station in no time (approx. 500 altitude metres). The downhill part simply just won’t quit and offers everything that makes biking fun. Stone and root parts, switchbacks, stream crossings and narrow banks lead across nearly 7 km of downhill entertainment throughout Saalbach Hinterglemm.
- Schattberg-Runde: We return to the Schattberg one last time. A whopping 1,210 altitude metres await experienced mountain bikers. One of the neatest and most difficult tours of the region (27.8 km) really puts the endurance to the test riding from alp to alp, trail to trail. The round tour starting and ending at the Schattberg X-Press takes on the Glemmtal Cycle Path, the Schattberg and the X-Line or the Hacklberg Trail and Buchegg Trail, to name just a few. This endure ride is also perfect for summer guiding.
Book a hotel for your mountain bike holiday in Saalbach that exactly meets the needs of bikers.
We look forward to seeing you!